Needless to say, writing a paper that is going to be graded by a professional lecturer is a complicated task for any student. This is so because there many elements involved that should be considered by a student who has to submit a paper. The problem is even more complicated by the time factor, as it is always hard to find enough time to write a seamless paper within a set deadline, considering that you have to deal with other things in your life as well. For that matter, it is better to delegate this task to those whose main professional activity is meeting the writing needs of students.
Editing and proofreading are essential elements of writing a quality paper. Despite the fact that many people tend to use these two terms interchangeably, there is a vivid difference between them, as they are two stages of a revision process. Each of them requires careful examination of the writing-up, though the objective of each of them is different.
Before starting to edit of proofread the paper, it is necessary take a break from writing, since it is difficult to edit of proofread a paper right after finishing it, as it seems to be rather familiar for a writer, and many errors are likely to go unnoticed. So, a writer should take a pause from a particular paper and occupy his/her mind with some other activities.
Editing is the process that starts after the first draft is finished. Here, our writers read the draft to find out whether the paper is properly organized and decide if it is necessary to make transitions between paragraphs smoother as well as back up the argument if it is necessary to support arguments presented in the paper. Editing can take place at several levels.
- In terms of content, our writers try to find out whether the assignment instructions have been followed completely, whether the claims made are accurate enough, whether it is necessary to build upon an argument, whether all the claims are consistent. A writer who your paper was assigned to will also elaborate on the evidence presented in your paper.
- In terms of structure, an editor should decide whether your paper has a coherent introduction and conclusion. It is also necessary to find out if your thesis was properly presented in the introduction. Our editors make sure that every paragraph in the paper are properly connected to thesis. They should also be arranged in a logical order. One should ensure that they are clear. It is also necessary to compose a reverse outline of the paper after the preliminary draft has been completed.
- Every paragraph in the paper should be equipped with clear sentence reinforcing the topic. Our editors make sure that every given paragraph is linked to the main idea. It is also necessary to find out whether there are any unnecessary sentences in any given paragraph.
- When it comes to clarity, our editors will make sure that writers have clarified all the important terms that are not clear for a reader. They will also make sure that meaning of every sentence is clear enough. It is also our task to make sure that writers choose relevant words to explore their ideas in an essay.
- In terms of style, the task of an editor is to find out whether the writer has chosen the right tone for the paper. Here are the questions regarding appropriacy of the gendered language, the length of sentences, the use of passive voice constructions. An editor will find out whether there are some unnecessary phrases including ‘there is’ or ‘there are’.
- In respect to editing citation, it is necessary to mention that our editors make sure that all the sources have been properly cited. Editing through all these three level allows our team of professionals to guarantee top quality of papers for our customers. We are aware of the most efficient techniques used to ensure high quality of a writing-up.
Proofreading in turn is considered to be the final phase in the process of editing, it allows a specialist to concentrate on the errors including misspelling and some mistakes regarding punctuation or grammar. It is necessary to proofread the paper only after the revision has been completed.
Content play a key role in any writing-up, which is also the case with academic papers as well, it is extremely important to make sure that the content poured into the paper is at a high level of accuracy and relevance to the topic.
We do our best to proofread the paper in the most efficient way. In such a way we make sure that our proofreading approach is systematic and well-focused on the detection of as many errors as possible. This is done within brief periods of time.
We never rely only on spell checkers. Even though some may argue that they are useful in such cases, they do not guarantee top quality of the paper due to a number of factors, like a scarce number of words in a dictionary. Moreover, spell checkers will not help to find misspellings.
We also do not rely solely on grammar checkers, as their usage might be rather problematic. The thing is that such programs operate only with a limited bulk of grammar rules, and they do not ensure that every error will be identified. They do not provide accurate reasons why any given sentence should be revised.
Editing and proofreading are key elements of a successful writing process. If they are not followed precisely with due attention to details, it is impossible to guarantee that even a well-written paper will be highly graded by a lecturer. So, we consider these two elements as of equal importance comparing with the writing process itself. There is no any other way to meet customer’s needs as by following all the elements required. Our staff includes only the most qualified specialists in writing, editing and proofreading who will gladly provide you with the level of service you expect.